Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Phase of Faces


I get into phases and do a series of sketches on a specific topic - like the elephants, ships, landscape and now currently saints. There was once I did a series of Faces in pencils, some of which are in this blog. A Face well drawn for me is half the battle won - if I get that right, the rest is smooth. The entire mood of the painting is captured in the face...

Horses have always been a passion since my days with Louis L'amour books :) This pencil sketch I did a year back has the details of the veins and the straps. Turned out rather well.


This experiment with a Kathakali face which is usually colorful - the greens and the golds, as per tradition was reasonably good in black and white!


The tiger face is my favorite - the pencils have faded, but note the mean look!

Another one of my favorite is Buddha's face which I will upload once I get a decent picture of it :) I hope to become a better photographer in the course of this blog ;)

1 comment:

NSA said...

The horse is indeed nice. Did you make this recently?