Sunday, May 08, 2016

My muse my nieces

Pencil Sketches of my nieces at their Arangetrams...
It started with Meera. Meera's poise and beauty has always set her apart. There are many things about her that make me so proud - a vicarious joy in her achievements. 5 years since her Arangetram, today, she is an independent spirit pursuing her dreams in Bryn Mawr.

Her Varanam was on Krishna and that got me thinking. With Krishna in the background, nothing could go wrong! I sketched this as a surprise gift for her.
Then it was our dearest niece Vedika's Arangetram. Her every step, stance, expression is perfect! She dances like a dream! This added to the pressure on working on her sketch!

So I worked on 2 pieces for her, just in case....




Vedika's Varanam was on Lord Shiva. And so Nataraja got her back on one while the other was a close-up to highlight her beauty.

Vedika is very dear to our heart and it is a joy to watch her blossom to a fine young lady in the past couple of years. She will discover more of her inner strengths in her college years!








My most recent sketch was Divya. Divya has time for us, to talk, to let us know about her plans, about her school and make us feel part of her life. Always...

It was Krishna again...and it brought me a smile. And this time, Divya was Krishna. The Lords's feet framed her in the sketch, as He will in her life, as she takes her next step in the world. The Lord will protect this special one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, stunning, so much grace in the dances, dancer, artist and the whole compostion. Thanks for sharing

Subu said...

Super Awesome..great expressions...

Subu said...

Super Awesome..great expressions...