Tuesday, December 06, 2011

From the oven to my ears!

This project was a discovery and then an addiction. After buying couple of terracotta earrings, I was curious to try baking my very own. I purchased the oven-bake clay, earring hoops and 'finding' rings and set about my experimentations. After burning a few, breaking some more, forgetting to bake with rings etc, I had the process nailed down! Well, the colors came from my acrylics.

Now I sport elephants on my ears ;) Well, mostly elephants, couple of jumkis (labor-intensive!), a pair of white birds and then some random shapes.

More to come - hot from my oven!

3 comments:

Prasad said...

These are beautiful. Imagine getting these out of your home oven instead of pizza

Shakti said...

Hi Pushpa athai! I love you! I cant believe you made those earrings! They look like they came out of the jewelry shop! They are soo beautiful! Keep making earings!

NSA said...

Love the elephants, there is something about them, that adds a certain charm.