Sunday, December 05, 2010

A Zentangled attempt

Patience has never been my virtue (ask Ram!) but when I read about this art form, I was tangled into doing it. Zentangle is described as a form of meditation and a light-hearted way of relaxing, and basically repetitive patterns creating beautiful images! I had this huge thermocol board lying in the garage and I ambitiously started the project with a sharpie pen. After 10 minutes, I was bored and wanted to inroduce an element of interest to keep me on the project. So you will see Ganeshas (the Elephant God representing removal of obstacles) interspersed in between. It is almost a game of "Can you see Him?" for one needs to know how to look for him in every pattern just like we search for the absolute Truth in everything.

The piece is bigger than the photo insert. I may never do this again but I must say the end result is rewarding!

4 comments:

Suchi said...

THATS AWESOME MANNI! :) i see Ganesha.

Nanda said...

Looks great! So, the different repetitive patterns are contained inside each triangle is it? Nice idea to insert your fav image among the patterns. Challenging.
I didnt get how you got the sharp black lines on a thermacol board though. Doesn't the bits tear off as you doodle on it?
Did all this activity help..finally? :)

Pushpa said...

hi nanda, i generally debate over replying to comments but yours has so many questions :)
reg. patterns in the triangles - it was just my way. one can do the patterns in whatever direction, in whatever form etc. the sharpie has to be used gently on the thermocol. i used the thick one not the sharp pointy one. nope - the activity did not help - i was more agitated. i decided that zentangling is not my kind of thing!! hope all is well with you :)

NSA said...

I like the concept, but I am not sure about the medium. I tried it on a piece of paper and found the experience rewarding. It was annoyingly long and an exercise on the brain to be creative in many ways, but I may go back to doing more if I have the time and frame of mind.